Sun Rideshare, a free regional commuter assistance program of Pima Association of Governments, helps you understand the benefits of using alternative forms of transportation that are essential to reducing traffic congestion and keeping our region's air clean to benefit you and our region.
When you share the ride through carpooling or vanpooling, or use alternative tranportation such as biking, walking or using our region's seamless transit system, other perks include saving money, reducing stress, improving your commute schedule, improving your health, making new friends and reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
The Sun Rideshare online commuter matching database provides quick information and helps you find the best transportation option for your daily commute or trips to other destinations.
Learn about the benefits of carpooling in Sun Rideshare's new "Do your share" educational video. Click on the image or below to view the 90-second message and then sign up for free in the Sun Rideshare commuter database to join the sharing community.
Sun Rideshare Commuter Database
Sun Rideshare's free online commuter database matches participants who are looking to carpool or vanpool, or seeking information on convenient public transit options.
Join thousands of Pima County residents who are in the database and looking for ways to save money, reduce congestion or help the environment. You will be matched with the best candidates who live and work near you and have similar work hours.
When you sign up, you become eligible to participate in in Sun Rideshare's free Guaranteed Ride Home program and you will receive the latest on Sun Rideshare news and activities. If you log your trips, you also become eligible for a chance to earn free rewards.
Sign up or log in below to learn more about the free benefits of participating in Sun Rideshare.
Try an alternative mode and win
Everyone can use a little reward now and again. You can become eligible to earn Sun Rideshare rewards by simply using an alternative form of transportation to work or other destinations.
The monthly Sun Rideshare 2017 Rewards Program is brought to you in partnership with Walgreens. Participants will be eligible to earn Walgreens gift cards, ranging from $25 to $100.
To qualify, participants must log their alternative mode trips in the Sun Rideshare Travel Calendar. Each one-way trip logged earns one point. All commute trips and personal trips earn points. Participants qualify for the prize drawing by earning the minimum number of points*, trips or pounds of reduced pollution specified each month. Points will not be cumulative as in previous years. You can only win once.
You can go back 60 days to log trips, but future trips cannot be entered. Contest rules change each month. See rules below.
Sign up now with Sun Rideshare to find a carpool partner or vanpool group and start earning points.
October 2017 Rewards Contest
For October, you need just 20 points to be eligible for the monthly rewards drawing. Seven lucky Sun Rideshare users will receive a $50 Walgreens gift card. Remember, each one-way trip logged earns one point.
October Car Free Day
October 18 is CAR FREE DAY. Log just one alternative-mode trip to be eligible for the $50 Walgreens gift card drawing.
Refer a Friend and Win!
Sun Rideshare invites you to refer a friend to the Sun Rideshare program and become eligible to win a Walgreens gift card. Participants are entered into the drawing each time they encourage a friend to register with Sun Rideshare. The more friends you refer, the more chances you have to win.
Winners will receive a $25 Walgreens card. Names will be drawn in March, May, July, August, October and December. Participants for the Refer a Friend promotion are eligible to win more than once.
Be sure to have your referrals include your name when they sign up in the Sun Rideshare Travel Database.
Log in to register today!
September 2017 Rewards Winners
- $200 Reduce-a-Ton Grand Prize - Roger Brown, TEP, 2147lbs
- $200 Reduce-a-Ton Grand Prize - Priscilla Coutu, TON Health Care, 6790lbs
- $100 Reduce-a-Half-Ton Prize - Jim Femling, City of Tucson, 1264lbs
- $100 Reduce-a-Half-Ton Prize - Barbara Lundquist, U of A, 1940lbs
- $100 Reduce-a-Half-Ton Prize - Andrew Waegli, U of A, 1385lbs
August 2017 Rewards Winners
- $100 - Matthew Osmond, Pima County Downtown, 479lbs
- $75 - Susanne Kelly, Pima County Downtown, 658lbs
- $50 - Britton Watson, Pima County Assessor Office, 447lbs
- $50 - Karla Ronquillo, Pima County Downtown, 304lbs
- $25 - Angie Rangel, Pima County Downtown, 120lbs
- $25 - Kandi Karuza, Pima County Downtown, 381lbs
- $25 - Kurt Schmidt, Town of Marana, 339lbs
- $25 - Theresa Stanley, PCC Downton, 1170lbs
|July 2017 Rewards Winners
- $100 Paul Blowers, UA, 208 lbs.
- $75 – Thomas Ryan, Intuit, 290 lbs.
- $50 – Sharon Goldwasser, Desert Sky Middle School, 194 lbs.
- $50 – Debbie Stumblingbear, Indian Health Service, 1,002 lbs.
- $25 – Joyce Lanier, Pima County, 754 lbs.
- $25- Susan Gould, Pima County, 320 lbs.
- $25 – Jesse Minor, UA, 175 lbs.
- $25 – David Samer, R&A CPA’s, 60 lbs.
- Car Free Day Winner – Mary Scanlan, Pima County
- Refer a Friend Winner – Sial Thonolig, Tohono O’odham Nation
|June 2017 Rewards Winners
- Gordon Washburn, Raytheon Missile Systems, vanpooler
- Denise Jacobs, Sargent Controls & Aerospace, carpooler
- John Heard, Pima County, transit rider
- Gillian Paine-Murrieta, carpooler
- Kelly Arizmendi, University of Arizona, telecommuter and streetcar rider
- Carol Rollins, Banner - University Medical Center, walker/carpooler
- Carolyn Swanson, Pima County Public Defender’s Office, transit rider
- Tom Stapelberg, CO Tucson Community Services, transit rider
- Car Free Day Winner: Jerry McGarity, Raytheon
May 2017 Rewards Winners
- Philip, Rasmussen, Banner - University Medical Center Tucson
- Karen Bush, Western Passport Center
- Robert McKee, Tucson Airport Authority
- Laura, Marquez, University of Arizona Students
- Zhanna Helwig, Snell & Wilmer
- Gerald Ashton, Raytheon Missile Systems
- Benjamin Matiella, Pima County Himmel Branch Library
- Eduardo Valerio, Raytheon Missile Systems - Airport
Car Free Day Winner: Valerie Cook, Banner
Refer a Friend Winner: John Piniero, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
April 2017 Rewards Winners
- Christopher Hall, Ventana Medical Systems
- Joyce Liska, student
- Kat Manton-Jones, PCC District Office
- Jesse Reyes, MHC Healthcare
- Howard Dutt, City of Tucson Parks and Rec
- Betsy Woodhouse, University of Arizona
- Melina Lew, FreshCutGrass Branding +Design
- Debbie Wainwright, Pima County
March 2017 Rewards Winners
- Lou Dickens, carpool and bike, IBM
- Mark Hamblin, transit, Pima County
- David Mayhew, streetcar, University of Arizona
- Beth Miller, transit, Pima County
- Thomas Mouch, bike, Raytheon
- Denise Waldo, transit, Pima County
- Arnold Benitz, bike and carpool, 162d WG Arizona National Guard
Car Free Day Winner: Lindsey Fera, University of Arizona
Refer a Friend Winner: Victor Stevens, Tohono O'odham Nation
February 2017 Rewards Winners
- $100 – Yamei Chang, Metropia, carpooler
- $100 – Audrey Dominguez, Raytheon, carpooler
- $25 – Mary Black, U of A, biker
- $25 – Robert Cline, Pima County, transit
- $25 – Tony Madrid, Tucson Airport Authority, carpooler
- $25 – David Peckarsky, Modular Mining Systems, carpooler and biker
- $25 – Ezra Roati, Lanning Architecture, biker
- $25 – Erika Roush, retired, biker
Car Free Day Winner: David Wunder, Indian Health Services
Rewards Mega Users
Sun Rideshare Rewards Program participants who achieve various levels of alternative mode usage will be recognized as mega users here and on the Sun Rideshare Facebook page each month.
©Pima Association of Governments | 1 E Broadway Blvd, Suite 401, Tucson, AZ 85701 | Telephone (520) 792-1093, FAX (520) 620-6981