What is the Travel Reduction Program? Pima Association of Governments' Travel Reduction Program (TRP) is mandatory for employers that have more than 100 full-time equivalent employees at a single or contiguous worksite.
The program works with Pima County employers to advocate Sun Rideshare and its free commuter assistance services. Additional TRP requirements, listed below, are mandated by Pima County travel reduction ordinances.
Program Background. Pima County and its municipal jurisdictions adopted travel reduction ordinances in 1988 as a travel demand strategy following a 1985 civil lawsuit (McCarthy vs. Thomas). The lawsuit demanded that the jurisdictions prepare approvable plans, containing all reasonably available control measures to attain the air quality standards at the earliest possible time in order to meet the requirements of the federal Clean Air Act. Employers with fewer than 100 employees can volunteer to participate in the program.
2014 Program Requirements
- Assign a Transportation Coordinator
- Disseminate Sun Rideshare information to employees
- Submit an Employee Survey every year
- Submit an Activity Inventory Report (AIR) every year in May
- Notify TRP staff of any changes at the worksite, such as downsizing or transportation coordinator changes
For more information, please contact Ruth Reiman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 792-1093.